Michael Gibbons is a registered patent agent with the United States Patent and Trademark Office and started as a law clerk with the firm in Spring 2020. Michael obtained a Bachelor of Chemical Engineering with a minor in Bioengineering from the University of Dayton before going on to earn his Doctorate in Materials Science and Engineering from The Ohio State University. His graduate research focused on computational modeling of mechanical deformation behavior in titanium-based metallic glass composites.
Following graduate school, Michael spent some time in the design of ovens and furnaces for aerospace applications before deciding to attend law school to pursue a career in patent law. Michael is currently an evening student at Capital University Law School in Columbus, Ohio.
In his free time, Michael enjoys woodworking, cooking, studying philosophy, and spending time with his wife and family.
- B.C.E., Summa Cum Laude, University of Dayton, 2012
- Ph.D., Materials Science and Engineering, The Ohio State University, 2016
- J.D. Candidate, Capital University Law School, 2022
- CALI Award of Academic Excellence in Constitutional Law I, Fall 2019
- Registered to Practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 2020