Robert L. Showalter
Rob Showalter is a founding partner. Rob concentrates his practice on patent matters. He has substantial experience in drafting and prosecuting patent applications in technologies such as ink jet and laser printers, E-commerce, gas and steam turbine engines, materials handling vehicles, automotive films, composites, and aromatic spray devices. He also has substantial experience in providing patentability, infringement, clearance and validity analyses and opinions. Rob worked at the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office from 1984-89, handling patent applications relating to container manufacture and metal deforming.
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, University of Kentucky, 1983
- J.D., The American University, Washington College of Law, Cum Laude, 1989
- Ohio, 1989
- Kentucky, 2000
- Registered to Practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 1989
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- Federal Circuit Bar Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Dayton Intellectual Property Law Association
- U.S. Patent Litigation - Taiwan Advance Patent and Trademark Office, Taipei, Taiwan, 2008.